Monday, August 17, 2009

When The Fat Lady Sang...

No offense to the fat ones...
anyways, i went to this thing over the weekend where they were launching Tusker Project Fame; the anachronistic mixture between Big Brother and Idols. To get the show underway I found they were looking for talent to sing Karaoke and so.....





According to one blogger of note, I was not the worst but I will have you know [Heyrer] that no matter what "I will survive' which is what I wish I had sung but no, I ended up singing a beautiful rendition of The Everly Bothers' Crying in The Rain.

And to a paked house did those that are inherently in me but I never seem to know where the guts or the absence of sense to do them comes from.

13 comments:

  1. I like Crying in the Rain. I hope you did not murder the song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you left out the part where we booed you off stage and screamed for red-banton to do his thing...had a grande time btw, senkyu senkyu...and you weren't half bad, you shda stayed on key though

    ReplyDelete
  3. no worries petesmama, he annihilated it...not quite the same as mere murdering..and the guy even cried to complete the picture

    ReplyDelete
  4. @pete:its an awesome song.but tehy ahd no songs after 1969 so i was kinda stuck
    @sleek:dude, the next tim you do syth off teh cuff text me. i will notonly call you back, i will proceed to entertain and revel you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, you did Karaoke in a country where peole know you? Brave man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Banange, I've heard you sing before. What a brave crowd.wow. I refuse to entertain the notion that you might have improved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. and yet u gave me the Invite and i misplaced it-never give out invites while people are still on a Nile.....right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mighty proud of you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @walker: *blush blush blush...i wish you had seen me do my thang! but you still can. come over on sunday at 8:00pm when the show airs. there'll be karaoke. You name a song and i 'll sing like a canary!
    @Rhino: Rhonda, you better stop bringing up all this drama. you are like normzo and silverbow who i both gave cards and their lousy-ness didnt show! So will you come this sunday, if you're in town?

    ReplyDelete
  10. but i be thinking you croaked through this song

    ReplyDelete
  11. Duuude!

    Brave. I only sing karaoke with backup... and never for an attentive crowd.

    ReplyDelete